Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Mitsubishi VS5051 convergence

hccarter
New User

Mar 4, 2005, 2:11 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2872 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi VS5051 convergence Can't Post

I have a Mitsubishi VS5051 projection TV. The convergence went out and I get separate red, green, blue images on the screen. When attempting to align the colors via the TV menu on the remote, the blue vertical line (of the crosshairs) is off to the far left and doesn't respond to adjustment. After reading many threads on this forum, I replaced the two STK391-020 chips. The image is significantly better, but still the colors still will not align. Now the blue vertical line moves almost to the center, but stops short of center. Also, the blue crosshair line flickers and jumps around a little as if a connection were loose. I checked all the solder joints on the STKs and all seem fine. I also noticed that the crosshair lines are not all the same length, I don't remember if it was always like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I resoldered the STK391-020 chips just to be sure it wasn't a problem with the connections. Also, if I look at white lettering on a blue screen (i.e. the menu screens), the letters look OK in the middle but the bottom of the screen has letters with a red shadow BELOW and the letters on the top of the screen has red shadow ABOVE the letters. In other words, it appears that the red diverges at the top and bottom of the screen. On the align colors screen, the red vertical cross hair is longer than the others.

Thanks again.

(This post was edited by hccarter on Mar 5, 2005, 4:48 PM)

uncasam
New User

May 6, 2005, 6:14 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hccarter] Mitsubishi VS5051 convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not able to help you, but would you mind trying to help me?

I have been unable to eliminate the PIP from a Mitsubishi VS5051. Unfortunately, the owner's manual has been lost.

Can you tell me how to turn off the PIP?

Thanks,
Sam

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)