Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
My Projection TV Is doing funny things. Please take a look at these pictures and tell me if you have any ideas what is wrong, Thanks

dannydeutsch
New User

Sep 13, 2004, 7:06 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4378 views)
Shortcut
My Projection TV Is doing funny things. Please take a look at these pictures and tell me if you have any ideas what is wrong, Thanks Can't Post

I have a Panasonic PT-51G44A 51" Projection TV that I purchased from Circuit City on May 27th 2000. The TV was manufactured in February 2000.

Last Sunday 9/5/04 My wife had the tv on for around 6 hours when it started doing strange things. I not great at describing what it is doing.

Please take a look at he pictures I took here:
http://dannydeutsch.100free.com/tv.html

Please note:
Page may take a minute to load, there is 1.5MB of Pictures

Anyway so we turned the tv off for a couple of minutes and then turned it back on and all was well. It worked fine for 4 days and then did it again. So again we turned it off and same thing it worked fine for a few days? So any ideas on what the problem might be? Anyone?

Thanks,
Danny

tboots125
New User

Sep 15, 2004, 9:08 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannydeutsch] My Projection TV Is doing funny things. Please take a look at these pictures and tell me if you have any ideas what is wrong, Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

hi dannydeutsch, i too have a pt51g44 and same thing happened to mine just a few days ago. sent to shop and tv repairman could not find anything wrong. but he did notice that the guns were covered with an off white coloured coating. i also checked mirror and same coating was on it so cleaned it. will get chassis back on thursday and see if that makes a difference. did yours go about 3 shades darker when this occured mine did and then it started to stretch the pic, then flicker then went back to normal. would do this about every ten min. will post later and let you know if cleaning it makes it work properly.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)