Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
NEED HELP FINDING 1080p PROJECTOR... HELP!

itzallxero
New User

Mar 31, 2011, 9:51 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1966 views)
Shortcut
NEED HELP FINDING 1080p PROJECTOR... HELP! Can't Post

Hey all! I'm pretty sure this is the right area for this post, if not please direct me to the best place to post this.

I currently have an Epson MovieMate 72, Long story short I've had a bunch of problems with it and as of tomorrow I will have my 3rd Unit sent to me by epson (My Image Quality Keeps Getting Worse, It went from Bright Crisp Popping Image to a less then desirable dark dark image (out of box the picture was amazing like a real hdtv but after sometime it went right back to being the same old horrible image, and changing bulbs didnt help So now Im getting another unit)) So I've been looking at different projectors (1000-2000 Budget) and I had my eye on the BenQ W6000, Now the benq seems like it would fit my needs perfectly EXCEPT I Have a 152" screen on my wall and the benq has to be like 20 Feet away to fit that screen and the max distance I can put the projector from my screen is like 15 Feet away (15 feet from screen to front of projector) Some people will say "you dont need a screen that big" and I say "Go Big or Go Home, If A Small Screen Suites You Great But I got into projectors So I could have the biggest screen possible in my home So thats what I want" That said I feel stuck with my old projector because even though I have found 1080P projectors that will do 152" diagnols I have found NONE that will Go that big from 15 feet away (my projector does it fine right now but aside from 720p projectors I havent found a 1080p that will do the same) So my question for you guys is

My Current Usage Needs
(Me and my brothers Play ALOT of Xbox360 And We Watch Alot Of Tv Shows And Or Movies, It is not uncommon for our PJ to be on for hours and hours daily) I want something that is 1080P with deep blacks and a bright enough picture so I could have some lights on -(My current PJ out of the box is bright enough that even with my lights way high it doesnt take away from the image) Like I Said Before I Had My Eye On The BENQ W6000 But It Cannot Throw My Screen Size From 15' Away So Essentially Im Looking For Something Like That That Can Fit My Screen Size - So In Closing

1) What 1080p projectors In my $1000-$2000 Price Range Will Do A 152" Diagnol Screen From A MAXIMUM of 15 Feet??

2) Even though the bulb dims a tinch after awhile Shouldnt my Current or Next Projectors Image Be better then my big old anchient analog tv from start to finish?

3) Any other suggestions?

Please Reply Here Or PM Me, I Am Desperate For Help SO Please Find Mercy On Me For I Am A Noob With A Hope And A Dream Of Having A Better Home Theater Set-Up And Need Pointed In The Right Direction - Thanks Again, Mo

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)