Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME

eddy
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 12:42 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2447 views)
Shortcut
No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME Can't Post

Mi Sony KP-53XBR25 dont have Horizontal Deflection, only have a Vertical Line in center of screen. (Look Picture Attachment). I hear a Buzzz like a hi voltage since I turn on equipment. Some times Spark occur inside neck of any of picture tubes (one time blue, other time red, other time green). I retouch solder in D board and V board. Problem continue. Help me.

Eddy

Huskerman99
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 6:37 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eddy] No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME [In reply to] Can't Post

Horizontal circuit needs attention. (duh?)

I don't know your skill level or background, but I am still a recent graduate and novice....an expert by NO means. Have you checked Horizontal output transistor(HOT) on main board for short/open? It may even be best to check all diodes in and around the HOT), although most the time the shorts would cause the fuse to blow. Make sure the two wires on main board that control the Horizontal deflection is plugged in and in the right place...I wouldn't think it would be a problem with the crt's or yokes because the line is consistent among all tubes, maybe it is possible one shorted yoke affects them all?? I don't know. I recommend going to the bookstore and getting a TV repair manual and following the steps for your symptom, if I find time I will try to post those steps sometime from one of my many TV repair books. No one else posted, so if this is too basic for you than sorry, I am just starting out and don't know what you know or have done. I also know I am looking over an obvious problem, but maybe I'll think of it tomorrow....

later
DJ
A.A.S. Electronic Servicing
Working on BA in Electrical Engineering.

eddy
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 3:57 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eddy] No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Huskerman99 for your response. I'm Avionics and was TV Repairman long time ago, older technology. I need help in new TV Technology. Right now I take out "A Board" to test the HOT as you say. This is a very rare syntome. this is the first time I see this, and is in my own TV Mad.
The problem start with the barril screen, and when I tap the "D Board" (registration, deflection, v-out, sub-out) picture return to normal. After that, I retouch solders and problem disapear. Then the problem with Vertical line (no horizontal deflection) start.
Now, with "A Board" out of console (not an ease job), will be more easy to check parts in HOT circuit.

In Reply To

eddy
New User

Dec 16, 2004, 3:03 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2414 views)
Shortcut

Huskerman99, you send me in the correct way. Thanks. Now I have Horizontal Deflection. Problem was in open R515, 18k 1/4w (PIN AMP, near HOT).
But now have another problems. Out of focus, to much brightness, spark in neck (any one), and the most curius, a RED vertical line in center of screen (but have red horizontal deflection) and a GREEN DOT in center of screen.
Could you give me an idea to find the problems?.

minehunter
User

Dec 16, 2004, 5:09 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2412 views)
Shortcut

It sounds as if you have burnt the phosphors on the CRT's when the vertical collapsed. The only cure is to replace the offending CRT's. Lots of work and not cheap.

chuck baker
New User

Dec 17, 2004, 6:41 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2407 views)
Shortcut

i can't find your attachment but it sounds as if you had a line from side to side. no matter which way it was the problem couldn't be in hot ckt since you had high voltage. unfortunately all this work was for naught since the tubes are obviously burned and replacement of all is around 750.00. sorry for the bad news but it's time to replace this unit.

chuck

eddy
New User

Dec 18, 2004, 2:03 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuck baker] No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME [In reply to] Can't Post

I think is not a burned tube because have image plus an bright red vertical line, not a dark line typically when phosphor is burned.

chuck baker
New User

Dec 21, 2004, 8:34 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2397 views)
Shortcut

eddy. you said you had black dots in middle of screen. this almost always means burned phospher. just remove the screen and look into the tubes. if you see a dot with the set off, the tubes are burned.

eddy
New User

Dec 21, 2004, 11:31 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuck baker] No Horz Deflection Imposible? I have. HELP ME [In reply to] Can't Post

Chuck, my english is bad, I apologize.
My problem is inverse, I have a RED vertical line in center of screen and a GREEN DOT in center of screen, (problem is NOT a black line or black dot). Horizontal deflection is ok.
This was before because now I have a new problem too. When turn tv on, stanby LED is blinking (LED no turn off), tubes blue and green light for one or two second and then off and then have not HV, not image LED still blinking).

eddy
New User

Dec 22, 2004, 2:26 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2393 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chuck, Hi minehunter, lamentably for me, YOU ARE RIGHT, I WAS WRONG. Picture tubes are burned.
I push TV on and tv start. I put a paper over blue and green tubes and have a red picture with BLACK DOT.
Then I put a paper over blue and red and have a green picture with BLACK LINE, and then a paper over green and red a have a blue picture with a BLACK LINE.
Have a RED LINE because green and blue have a dead burned line, and a CYAN DOT (not green) because red have a dead burned dot.
MY TV is over.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)