Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Overheating Philips 55PL9223/17 TV Please Help

charles.jarosek
New User

May 4, 2011, 1:42 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3833 views)
Shortcut
Overheating Philips 55PL9223/17 TV Please Help Can't Post

I have a philips 55PL9223/17 LCOS tv. I recently replaced the bulb and am having problems with it overheating and going into protection mode. I also have a dark edge on the screen when it is on. I took the back panel off and got the dust out of the inside. The vents are good and free of obstacles. The boards inside look good, no swelled parts and no burnt spots. The tv is 7 years old. Does this model take CRT Coolant? If so, should I replace it? Any help would be gladly accepted. I just love the TV when it works. Please Help.

jts1957
Veteran

May 4, 2011, 6:24 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charles.jarosek] Overheating Philips 55PL9223/17 TV Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

LCD sets and coolant?

Can I get a little of what you've been consuming?Angelic

-------------------------

charles.jarosek
New User

May 4, 2011, 5:16 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Overheating Philips 55PL9223/17 TV Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

The TV is NOT LCD. It is a rear projection with a LCOS screen. But Thanks for the post.

tvrepairkits
New User

May 4, 2011, 9:20 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charles.jarosek] Overheating Philips 55PL9223/17 TV Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

All projection TV sets use a fluid that sits inside the three color lenses. Its there to keep the tubes from overheating. Over time the fluid will sour and cause the video to look dull, washed out, etc. It may also look like it has halos or one color may overpower the screen. With that said I don't believe your TV has a coolant issue as shutting down is not a common symptom. Unless of course the fluid has leaked - and is now shorting out parts on the boards below.

Hope this Helps
Ed
http://www.TvRepairkits.com
Hope this Helps,

Ed

http://www.TvRepairKits.com

jts1957
Veteran

May 5, 2011, 1:06 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3815 views)
Shortcut

I'll stand by my original post.Tongue

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)