btfloyd
New User

Dec 20, 2010, 8:50 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2386 views)
Shortcut
Philips Magnavox 9p5534c102 Input Problems Can't Post

Hey all,
I'm a noob, so bear with me. Here's my issue:
I acquired the 9p5534c102 for free with the understanding that it didn't work. Immediately after receiving it, I plugged it in and hooked up an old DVD player I have. There are 2 sets of RCA style inputs (red, white, yellow, with optional s-video) and 1 set of YCbCr (??). Anyway, on the first set of RCA, I could hear audio clearly, but no picutre. Same with the second set.
So, it made sense to me to try the first set's audio with the optional s-video. It did not work either. However, on the second set, I got the S-video to pass a signal through (and the audio with it via the red/white connection).
Granted the picture is kinda cloudy - which I think the coolant is to blame for based on reading in the forum - but at least I have some form of video of input.
My question is this: What could be wrong with the other inputs, and what do I need to do to fix them? Ideally I would like to get this running for my kids to play video games on.
Thanks in advance.
-BT

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 21, 2010, 3:03 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [btfloyd] Philips Magnavox 9p5534c102 Input Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Does the OSD indicate that you ARE connected to the input you think you are?

What is chassis number?

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Dec 21, 2010, 3:04 AM)

btfloyd
New User

Dec 21, 2010, 3:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Philips Magnavox 9p5534c102 Input Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

OSD - on screen display? I'm good there. I'm pretty sure that this is an internal problem, but I like your approach. It's like mine - check the simple things first!
Chassis number is PTV 835. Manufactured in March 2000.
Thanks for replying by the way. I appreciate the help.

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 23, 2010, 4:11 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [btfloyd] Philips Magnavox 9p5534c102 Input Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_video

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)