Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Phillips 60pp920217f turns back on by itself

shawn011
New User

Aug 17, 2010, 6:26 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Phillips 60pp920217f turns back on by itself Can't Post

I had a convergence problem. I pulled that board & replaced the IC,s and resistors, no problem Picture looks good, the problem I do have I did not take very good pics of the wiring, I think maybe I hooked a wire back up in the wrong place or something, because now when i turn the tv off the tv will go off, but then after like 5 seconds the tv will come back on by itself. Can anybody help me out on this one. Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this tv. Thank you

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2010, 2:13 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawn011] Phillips 60pp920217f turns back on by itself [In reply to] Can't Post

This may be a coincidence.

This sounds like it is a faulty tact switch (these are the switches you press to turn power on, volume up and down etc.).

A test to determine if you have a bad tact switch is to unplug the wires leading to the tact switches. They will often be plugged in to a circuit board where the switches are mounted and also at the other end where they attach to the main board; you can disconnect them at either end (which ever is more convenient for you).

If you need to power the set off using these buttons then power the set off and quickly unplug the buttons and if the set stays off replace the tact switches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)