Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Pioneer 64" sd-6435 wont turn on. Really need help..

chasenvolvos
New User

Feb 2, 2012, 5:02 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer 64" sd-6435 wont turn on. Really need help.. Can't Post

Hi I have a 64" Pioneer SD-643h5 and it turned off on me and never turned back on. When its plugged in the red standby light turns on and when you click the on button the green power light flashes 4 or five times with a chirp from the power board and then two more slower chirps/ flashes. Then goes back to a red stand by light. When its plugged in the main power board squeals loudly, Its coming from a certain section with a small transformer, some diodes, transistors etc but I don't know if I will be able to find out exactly which one is making the noise by ear. And every time you plug in the tv or turn it on the chirping seems to be coming from a LARGE transformer on the same power supply board. I will take off the power supply board and test all the diodes, transistors, transformers etc on the board as well as I can. I have checked the fuses which are all good and I have already removed all the boards and checked for ANY visuable problems with none to report. I resauldered alot of the connections on the deflection board including the flyback transformer and the IC chips. It didnt help and I didn't see any over heating or cracking on the board... I think this is a power supply issue because the tv worked great before this.
I am confident that I can fix this when I figure out what parts to replace but I could really use some help. Any one know how to do this? Thanks

(This post was edited by chasenvolvos on Feb 2, 2012, 5:05 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)