Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA 46? how to get crosshatch for convergence adjustments

ourbudd
New User

Feb 9, 2004, 2:54 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2221 views)
Shortcut
RCA 46? how to get crosshatch for convergence adjustments Can't Post

I have a RCA model P4673AT with a PTK169PGA chassis that I would like to make some more detailed adjustments on the convergence and am curious how to get to a screen for the adjustments or is there a tool that is needed for this? The colors are off a little in the bottom right hand corner and the top of the screen has always been hidden slightly. Any help is appreciated. The picture is also slightly snowy, is it worth replacing the tuner? Thanks, Tim

CALVINPROCTOR
New User

Feb 17, 2004, 4:14 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ourbudd] RCA 46? how to get crosshatch for convergence adjustments [In reply to] Can't Post

You would need a signal generator for crosshatch unless you know someone who has one -- In that case, take a VCR, record the signal, take the tape home and play it on your set -- However, to make fine adjustments on convergence, you will need to enter the service menu and change the parameters around -- difficult to do without literature and you can really mess things up in there if you aren't familiar with it -- I shut a set down one time messing around when I first went into business and had to change the Eeprom to get it working again -- and that was a mess....

As for the tuner, if the set is to your satisfaction other than the snow, I would replace the tuner, if you are sure this is the cause of your problem -- p/n 203533 runs about $52.00 from Tritronics.... Or, there again, if you have a friend in the biz, they might have a junk chassis with a good tuner (cheap!)

Calvin

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)