Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA 52inch projection: sound but no picture.

hinmanw
New User

Jul 27, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (5876 views)
Shortcut
RCA 52inch projection: sound but no picture. Can't Post

I have an RCA 52 inch rear projection TV about 7 years old. I turned it on yesterday and have no picture but the sound is OK. For about a year the picture has been a little unstable at startup for about 5 minutes. the picture would jump a little at top and bottom of the screen (kind of like shrinking or squashing) but this would go away as the set warmed up. I believe the model number is P527328A but the last couple of digits might be off. I would appreciate any help with this.

MaierTV
User

Aug 8, 2003, 6:10 PM

Post #2 of 2 (5854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hinmanw] RCA 52inch projection: sound but no picture. [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the famous CTC169 chasis, they are known to destoy a thing called the High voltage splitter (part # 205064) this is loctated in the front of the chassis behid the speakes and convergance board and off to one side. Once you buy the splitter you know what it looks like then remove the old and if there is a little board attached move it to the new splitter and change all the high voltage lead to the new. be extreamly carful not to snap the blue crt neck they are real close. use orginal RCA parts because the cheap fake ones fail quickly.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)