Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA 60" CTC195 PTK195DC won't turn on, please help!

jpmill79
New User

Jan 7, 2005, 8:10 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2634 views)
Shortcut
RCA 60" CTC195 PTK195DC won't turn on, please help! Can't Post

I had a 60" RCA CTC195 given to me by my cousin. It is Model #P60820BL Tube assy. #PTK195DC. They said they were watching it one day when it just shut off and would not turn back on. Took it to the repair shop who put in a new HV splitter ($80). It worked fine for 2 days and then would not turn on one day. They took it back to the shop who said they weren't sure of the problem but it would cost at least $300 to $1000 to fix (they also sell new TVs, hint, hint). Cousin said screw it and bought a new one (from a different store). So here I am with a very big TV that I am trying to fix. I have already taken the chassis out of the TV. Does anyone have any tips for common problems/fixes? I am not a tv technician but I am not a stranger to electronics either. I have already learned so much from this forum but I need help. Could the splitter have been arcing when it went bad causing something else to be damaged and fail 2 days later? Also I was checking it out and found the IHV wire into the splitter was very loose compared to the other three wires that I can't even budge. Does this wire fit loose to begin with? I have not been able to try to turn it on because its not hooked up and the tv 'shell' is at another place. Can I use the remote to turn it on with out the chassis being hooked up to the on switch? I would be much appreciative for any help here. Thanks.

(This post was edited by jpmill79 on Jan 7, 2005, 8:13 PM)

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 10, 2005, 12:43 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jpmill79] RCA 60" CTC195 PTK195DC won't turn on, please help! [In reply to] Can't Post

the high voltage transformer may be bad remote will turn it on out of case

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)