Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA HD52W59 Convergence issue

Whoopee
New User

May 24, 2013, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3943 views)
Shortcut
RCA HD52W59 Convergence issue Can't Post

I need some help with the above mentioned TV. there is a red shadow behind about every thing. The blue convergence works fine but the red will not adjust. But other than that it seems to work perfectly fine.
If any one knows what might be wrong or what parts i need or which solder joints might be bad i sure would appreciate it.

Thanks Whoopee

board repairs
User

May 24, 2013, 9:42 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whoopee] RCA HD52W59 Convergence issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Check to see if FL231 fuse is opened & solder the flyback transformer connections . The fuse is next to the flyback transformer . This has been a problem with this chassis . Most of the time you can't adjust the convergence because it will not show up on the menu . So the fuse & flyback connections may be ok . If that is ok your problem will most likely be on the convergence module . Check for loose connections on there first then take voltage readings . If you don't have a service manual i will see what i can do if you can do some testing .

Whoopee
New User

May 24, 2013, 10:11 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [board repairs] RCA HD52W59 Convergence issue [In reply to] Can't Post

The fuse is good and flyback re soldered tried that before posting on here after a good bit of google searching. all cables that connect to convergence make good connection and are tight.

Not all that sure where to take voltage reading from so all the help you can provide would be appreciated.

I have found a service manual for the itc222 but i believe this tv is a itc222a so i do not know if this manual will be the same. I would be glad to do some testing.

Thanks for the speedy response.
Whoopee

Whoopee
New User

May 25, 2013, 1:46 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3923 views)
Shortcut

Also what does code 73 for this tv mean??

Thanks
Whoopee

jts1957
Veteran

May 25, 2013, 5:26 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3919 views)
Shortcut

Reserved.

http://www.techlore.com/...ile/27245/ITC222.pdf

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on May 25, 2013, 5:28 AM)

Whoopee
New User

May 25, 2013, 4:22 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA HD52W59 Convergence issue [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for all the help found the issue the 3 wire plug going to the red crt was not on right so i resolderd the pins and put it on right and working a lot better..

Thanks
Whoopee

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)