Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA P46730 will not power up ......

jdgoulden
New User

Oct 18, 2004, 10:07 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1645 views)
Shortcut
RCA P46730 will not power up ...... Can't Post

Hello all, I'm having trouble with a RCA P46730WK television that just recently gave up the ghost. The television will not power up either from the remote or the switch on the front of the television. After checking that all the obvious causes were absent I removed the back panel of the television to check for fuses. I found only one glass fuse near the plug connection on the main board that checked OK with a meter. I also noticed that there was a resistor R126U that was located on the main board that had corroded and fallen apart. Yeah I said corroded, apparently they soldered 2 resistors in series at the factory and where the two resistors (that appear to make up this one labeled resistor?) were joined above the board they had come apart. Unfortunately I can't tell what the value of the resistors are, because they are painted, or insulated with a dark plastic material. Can anyone tell me what the value of the resistor is? I don't have access to a schematic, but I would suspect that if the actual problem is just that resistor, I should be able to insulate the leads with a piece of heat shrink, and solder a new one in place. Any help would be appreciated greatly, TIA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)