Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA PTK 195 no picture

schaaker
New User

Oct 14, 2004, 1:54 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1897 views)
Shortcut
RCA PTK 195 no picture Can't Post

I have a RCA P56926 and the chasis number is ptk195r1p. I bought the set not working hoping it would be an eays fixCool. Problem: Set turns on, can hear the static from the high voltage lines, but there is no picture and if I try to turn the sound up it is not very loud. When in a very dark room i can see a very dim blue light coming from the blue crt, but the red and green crt's have no sign of light/power. After many hours of examining nothing could be determined so I took it in to get it looked at by a professional. The estimate was that the main board needs to be replaced as there is a lack of power to the crt's. And the power block also needs to be replaced. Estimate of about $450Crazy. I was wondering if there would be any way to just repair the main board myself(eg. replace certain resistors or capacitors). Or how i might be able to test the main board for what may be wrong. Also is there any way to get a refurbished mainboard from rca for cheaper. Any help/suggestions would be great. Oh yeah it was manufactured in 2001 and it has the gemstar tv guide feature built in.

(This post was edited by schaaker on Oct 14, 2004, 1:56 AM)

shadetree
Veteran

Oct 22, 2004, 10:53 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schaaker] RCA PTK 195 no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

tristate module is cheaper than pts and warranty is longer

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)