Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA R52WM24 Convergence Problem

BobS
New User

Nov 22, 2012, 3:31 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1914 views)
Shortcut
RCA R52WM24 Convergence Problem Can't Post

I started with a convergence problem. Replace the fuse, resolder the flyback. Put it all back together. Now I have on button blinks three times and nothing happens. What is my next step?
Background - I am an accountant, know very little about electronics. Was an electrician in the navy. Thought I could resolder it, but obviously I did something wrong.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2012, 6:06 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BobS] RCA R52WM24 Convergence Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the 2 flat ribbon cables that link between the signal board & the board with your flyback on it to make sure they are seated properly.

Also, there are 3 small fuses near the flyback, sounds like you maybe replaced 1 of them, check the other 2 to see if they are open, could be one of them.

There are also at least 2 more fuses like the small rectangular ones near the flyback that are located on the signal board, one is near the tuner & the other is out in the middle of the signal board somewhere, check those fuses as well.

Other than that there are a bunch of caps that go bad on the board with the flyback, I can send you a picture of what caps to change if the above steps don't work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)