Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help.

huntindad
New User

Apr 25, 2014, 1:45 AM

Post #1 of 10 (3031 views)
Shortcut
Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. Can't Post

Hello folks,

I am hoping you may be able to help. I have a Samsung HLT6187SAX/XAA – last week the red was gone.

After looking at other folks issue/resolutions… I bought a red chip. BP07-00029A

I removed the old one and installed the new one today. No difference in screen color. Drats…

the engine area/heat fins etc... did not look to have too much dust on them... some but not excessive.

Other than the chip… could you recommend something else for me to try?

Any insight would be appreciated

Thanx

David Hudson

Liberty Hill, Texas
--------------------------------------------------------

Hunt with your kids... NOT for them

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 25, 2014, 11:56 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huntindad] Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do either 'light'?

Original failing may have caused drive to fail. Replacing LED but not fixing drive results in SAME symptom.

-------------------------

huntindad
New User

Apr 25, 2014, 12:36 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, the blue and green are present. Is the drive where the LED plugs into?
Is the drive something I could test, or does it need to go to a shop that has the tools for it.

thanx,

xgc12
User

Apr 25, 2014, 2:47 PM

Post #4 of 10 (3016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huntindad] Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly it sounds like the mainboard or the dvi cable. I've replaced them before on your model dlp and resolved the no red issue.

Owner Atlantic Audio & Video
www.atlanticav.net
www.facebook.com/atlanticav

huntindad
New User

Apr 25, 2014, 8:51 PM

Post #5 of 10 (3005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xgc12] Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll try the DVI cable. Is it a universal cable or specific to the samsung model?

huntindad
New User

Apr 26, 2014, 12:40 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Well, I have been looking to no avail... as to wheer the DVI cable goes from point A to point B. Can y'all point me in the right direction?

thanx,

xgc12
User

Apr 26, 2014, 1:27 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2995 views)
Shortcut

Are you trying to find it on the television or online? Looking at the back of the television the mainboard is bottom far left. The cable is coming off of the mainboard and attaches to the light engine. When I get to the shop I will take a photo of the cable.

www.atlanticav.net

huntindad
New User

Apr 26, 2014, 1:33 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xgc12] Samsung DLT red light issue, but new chip did not help. [In reply to] Can't Post

been looking online.

thanx,

Hopefully replacing the DVI cable helps. If not... plan B(what that is...???)

xgc12
User

Apr 26, 2014, 3:27 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2990 views)
Shortcut

Silly question but just to be sure. You have a hlt6187s not a hlt6189s? The one in our shop now is a 89s and does not have a dvi cable. Just want to be sure.. as I don't want you or anyone for that matter to spend on unnecessary components. I guess my question is are you sure your tv has the dvi cable? If so I can help out with the cable.

www.atlanticav.net

huntindad
New User

Apr 26, 2014, 4:32 PM

Post #10 of 10 (2988 views)
Shortcut

just checked. it is a 6187. I am changing out brake shoes on my sons car now. Will open up the box later to see about a cable going from engine to power.

thanx,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)