Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change

tomcarter1981
New User

Jan 6, 2010, 4:57 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2134 views)
Shortcut
Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change Can't Post

I just recently found out that the coolant in my PCJ612R needs to be replaced. Just my luck right after Christmas. I paid the tv repairman $80 to tell me that it would be $600 to do it.

So I've been looking around the web came across a few forums. I figure I'm pretty handy, It looks like something I might be able to do.

My question is, once I remove the CRTs clean everything, change the coolant, and reinstall them. What are the chances that I will have to adjust the convergence, and if so how do I get to that menu and is it something a DIY guy can do. If I don't move the centering rings will I still have to adjust the convergence?

Thanks for any insight anyone my have

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 6, 2010, 9:11 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomcarter1981] Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change [In reply to] Can't Post

I just recently found out that the coolant in my PCJ612R needs to be replaced. Just my luck right after Christmas. I paid the tv repairman $80 to tell me that it would be $600 to do it.

So I've been looking around the web came across a few forums. I figure I'm pretty handy, It looks like something I might be able to do.

My question is, once I remove the CRTs clean everything, change the coolant, and reinstall them. What are the chances that I will have to adjust the convergence, and if so how do I get to that menu and is it something a DIY guy can do. If I don't move the centering rings will I still have to adjust the convergence?

Thanks for any insight anyone my have

Theoretically - NO.Cool

-------------------------

Gus67
User

Jan 7, 2010, 3:24 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomcarter1981] Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom,

I just changed the fluid in my phillips 55" with unbelievable results.It was not hard at all.If you read all the posts on fluid changing, your head will spin off your neck.I have a strong mechanical backround and I am also an Electronics tech. Supervisor (with NO TV BACKROUND).

Hell,I did not even know projection tv's had cooling fluid until a month ago.

There was little to no electronics involved in the task.

If you have any mechanical knowlege you should be able to handle it.As far as adjusting the convergence.There is no way that you will not get around it.

I was able to change the fluid without removing the CRT's.I took my time,read a lot of posts,and was sucessful.Dont let it scare you.It's not that hard.

Read some more,think about if you are up to it.There is plenty of info on this site to get you through it.

badgereye
New User

Apr 1, 2010, 4:03 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus67] Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a 2001 50 inch phillips projection tv. The picture is more red than it should be. After reading the TV forums and reading through I purchased some CRT cooling fluid and I am ready to change it my question is what area do I remove to get to the fluid area so I do not spill it everywhere? I have added to images that show the thre crt's and 1 close up. Please let me know which 4 screws need to be removed so I don't remove the wrong ones. Thank You in Advance for Your HelpSmile Well Tried to add images but it is not working I can email them you Please Help!

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 1, 2010, 4:31 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [badgereye] Samsung PCJ612R crt coolant change [In reply to] Can't Post

Please note:
Samsung thread = Samsung TV.

Philips thread = Philips TV.Angelic

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)