Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Samsung RP convergence problem

texman
New User

Feb 13, 2005, 5:02 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1687 views)
Shortcut
Samsung RP convergence problem Can't Post

My Samsung PCH521R (June 1999) has a convergence problem. After working fine for years, I turned it on one day and the picture had the "bowtie" shape, and the guns produced three very separated RGB images. I opened the cabinet to look for obvious component failure and such (I have the service manual,), and found a blown 3A SB fuse. My schematics are poor copies, so I THINK this fuse, F855, is for -26vdc, which is used only for the convergence amp STK391-020 hybrid IC's, I think. After replacing the fuse, it immediately blew when powered up.

Since I'm a do-it-myself type (elec.tech in an unrelated field), and cashflow is tight right now, I would like to attempt this repair myself, even if I don't succeed. Do you think replacing the STK391-020 IC's is a logical first step? Is there something else I should be looking at, instead of, or in addition to the IC's? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ted A.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 16, 2005, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [texman] Samsung RP convergence problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hit that one on the head One or both Ic has shorted taking the fuse with it, replace both Ic's then the fuse This in most case will fix the set
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)