Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Toshiba 65HX81 Startup issues

scout19D
New User

Dec 28, 2011, 9:23 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2257 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 65HX81 Startup issues Can't Post

Hello, I have a Toshiba 65HX81 model TV and am having some startup issues with it. Last year the convergence board went out so I ordered the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com and replaced the IC chips. Everything seemed to work fine for a while but then I started noticing that when you turned the set on it would have picture and sound but the picture is all blurry and wavy for a few minutes. After several minutes it would seem to warm up and the picture would be fine. I thought at first it was an issue of having to warm the lamps but after it was on for several hours I shut it off and turned it back on and it went through the same phase of blurry for several minutes. The time is getting longer and longer on when it clears up so today I pulled the signal board back out to check the resistors on the convergence side since I didn't replace them when I did the chips. They all test ok so now I am at a loss. I believe it to be a capacitance issue since it has the same issue whether it is off for a minute or several hours, hard to believe it is a thermal issue. I have read replace the capacitors on the hyper board, does this sound correct?

kuhurdler
User

Jan 4, 2012, 3:18 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scout19D] Toshiba 65HX81 Startup issues [In reply to] Can't Post

I would suspect the capacitors based on your description.

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)