RCA HD52W59

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

slinteriors
User

Jul 29, 2008, 6:50 PM

Post #26 of 34 (6438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickb2b] RCA HD52W59 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes that diode is shorted as you should get zero when the leads are reversed.

frnk
New User

Jul 31, 2008, 10:10 PM

Post #27 of 34 (6433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slinteriors] RCA HD52W59 [In reply to] Can't Post

will check this diodes ect this weekend, hey I have afriend with the same tv and I noticed that excactly when the screen is supose to turn on is when mine turns off, he also suggest that if i need to test some boards in his TV I can do it, do you think is a good short cut or too risky?

slinteriors
User

Aug 1, 2008, 1:46 AM

Post #28 of 34 (6426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frnk] RCA HD52W59 [In reply to] Can't Post

I would only recomend trying your deflection board in his set. Not the other boards as if the other boards are bad they could actually hurt your freinds deflection board.

nickb2b
New User

Aug 9, 2008, 7:49 PM

Post #29 of 34 (6410 views)
Shortcut

I replaced DL032 and it fixed the top / bottom bowing problem. Geometry in 1080I mode was almost perfect, just needed to touch up the convergence a bit. Geometry in 480 mode was a bit off. The convergence grid was shifted down a few inches and I had to touch up a couple of the EW settings (amplitude, symmetry, etc.), but things are looking almost perfect for 480 now.

Thanks again for all the help.

slinteriors
User

Aug 9, 2008, 8:41 PM

Post #30 of 34 (6409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickb2b] RCA HD52W59 [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad I could be of assistance to you, if you need further assistance please let me know

corecen
New User

Oct 26, 2008, 6:59 PM

Post #31 of 34 (6241 views)
Shortcut

I am trying to replace DL032 as I have a bowed picture (top/bottom) and the convergence is way off. I cannot access the convergence option in the Service Menu at all which I believe a blown FL231 is the cause.

I have been told to replace the convergence power supply but I have checked all the resistors and diodes which all checked out fine. From what I can gather, I believe my problem lies in the deflection board.

I am going to replace DL032, TL029, and CL037 on the deflection board. Is there anything else I should check/replace to help speed things up?

Also, where can I buy replace diodes, transistors, ect for this t.v.? A few sites only sell components in bulk, which negates the purpose of trying to save money by replacing components on the board.

slinteriors
User

Oct 27, 2008, 1:10 AM

Post #32 of 34 (6234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [corecen] RCA HD52W59 [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the solder on the flyback and around the vertical output IC as they can also cause FL231 to blow. You can get individual components at the following link. Just leave an email with what your model number is and what components you need as they dont list all components that they carry.
http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/

corecen
New User

Oct 28, 2008, 8:40 PM

Post #33 of 34 (6228 views)
Shortcut

Great! I will check solder the flyback and thank you very much for the link! Where is the vertical output IC located?

Also, this is kind of a dumb question but how do I remove the two ribbons on the deflection board. These are the only things preventing me to remove the deflection board. Do you have to de-solder all the pins to remove it? It doesn't look like it has connectors so I didn't want to pull to hard risking pulling the ribbons out from the pins.

Thanks again!

corecen
New User

Oct 31, 2008, 1:48 AM

Post #34 of 34 (6220 views)
Shortcut

I checked the flyback and a couple of the solder joints were cracked. I de-soldered and soldered them again.

I pulled the "housing" off of FL231 and the link looks bent, but not disconnected.

I went into the service menu, and it gave me the following:

84 (Before Is Was An RP-PTV Models-Tube Type Is RP, But Convergence Was Not Detected)

37 (NDF Bit Is Set - Deflection - Vertical Problem)

42 (RESET Bit is Set - Audio - The RESET Bit of IA001 Is Active)

15 (I2C_3 Low SDA Line - Data Line of I2C Bus_3 Held Low)

73 (no info - RESERVED)

I pulled the description of the codes from the Alignment manual.

Can anyone help me explain the codes?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)