Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
an LG 62DC1D Dlp rear projector tv

neiljp
New User

Apr 12, 2012, 1:32 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3691 views)
Shortcut
an LG 62DC1D Dlp rear projector tv Can't Post

hi people am new here and have a problem that i need some help with. i have a an LG 62DC1D
Dlp rear projector that the color wheel shattered. so i replaced the color wheel now the color is all funny.
has a bit of a negative look to it with the colors.
any thoughts?? i can send pics to anyone who might know what is wrong. any help would be great. thanks

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2012, 8:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neiljp] an LG 62DC1D Dlp rear projector tv [In reply to] Can't Post

The color wheel is likely either spinning backwards or is out of sink; This will be nothing you've done wrong it's just not the original color wheel. You'll have to get into a service menu & correct this. A menu that mainly only techs are supposed to have access to. I can't seem to find info on a service menu for your LG set but maybe one of the other techs on here will pick up on this & can help. Meanwhile I'll see what I can dig up & if I find anything I'll let you know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

neiljp
New User

Jul 31, 2012, 1:53 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] an LG 62DC1D Dlp rear projector tv [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks heaps for your reply, i had almost given up... if there is anyone who knows how to get into this service menu it would be much appreciated Wink

In Reply To

neiljp
New User

Aug 1, 2012, 1:28 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3435 views)
Shortcut

thanks very much again with your help i was able to work out that to get into the service menu you press the menu button on both the tv and remote at the same time for a couple of seconds and there you go. adjusted the colour wheel and now the tv is as good as new... thanks so muchWink

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2012, 12:34 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3425 views)
Shortcut

That's good news! glad to hear that you were able to correct the color issue & thank you for the info on how to enter the service mode for LG, I'll add that to my notes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)