Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
proscan rptv no power hear a wierd noise please help

ericstheman
New User

May 10, 2005, 5:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1956 views)
Shortcut
proscan rptv no power hear a wierd noise please help Can't Post

ok i was given a rca proscan 61" rear projection tv model#ps61700 chassis#ptk195f2t when i plug it in no sound or picture but i hear a niose like a beeping noise coming from the main board (power board) the noise is hard to pin piont but it sounds like its coming from some where by the flyback like 4 inches behind the flyback i disconnected the board to look at the bottom i seen some loose solder spots so i fixed them but the niose is still there i have a little experience in tv repair but im pretty good a fixing thing i know how to use a soldering gun ,volt meter a little the basic things so can some1 please help me out i can send a video so you can hear it and see where it is coming from. feel free to e-mail me at ericstheman@alloymail.com ill see it faster thank you

(This post was edited by ericstheman on May 12, 2005, 1:02 AM)

minehunter
User

May 11, 2005, 1:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ericstheman] proscan rptv no power hear a wierd noise please help [In reply to] Can't Post

Replace the horizontal output transistor and the flyback and you should be fine. The flyback is the weak link here and it more than likely caused the HOT to go bad. change them both and you'll be up and running in no time.

ericstheman
New User

May 12, 2005, 12:58 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minehunter] proscan rptv no power hear a wierd noise please help [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info 1 more question do you know where i can get these parts i've tried looking up parts for the tv but im getting no where and thank alot for the help

Hect7369
User

May 23, 2005, 4:49 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ericstheman] proscan rptv no power hear a wierd noise please help [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they got all you need, www.tritronicsinc.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)