Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
whats wrong with my 43p8341 projection hdtv? with pictures

igzekyativ
New User

Oct 30, 2010, 2:13 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1341 views)
Shortcut
whats wrong with my 43p8341 projection hdtv? with pictures Can't Post

what is wrong with my philips 43p8341 rear projections tv?

how can i fix it?

(This post was edited by igzekyativ on Nov 1, 2010, 3:57 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 30, 2010, 2:31 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [igzekyativ] whats wrong with my 43p8341 projection hdtv? with pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

It has a 8 - 10 wide vertical bar to the left of center on the screen; Screen is red - reddish blue; and the tuner either is NOT connected to a signal (antenna/cable/satellite) source or is not tuned to a valid channel.

The lighting in the room has changed from the first to the second picture; and the wall outlet to the right of TV has magically disappeared.

Oh, and the model number in the post vs. in the title are not the same.

-------------------------

igzekyativ
New User

Nov 1, 2010, 4:03 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] whats wrong with my 43p8341 projection hdtv? with pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It has a 8 - 10 wide vertical bar to the left of center on the screen; Screen is red - reddish blue; and the tuner either is NOT connected to a signal (antenna/cable/satellite) source or is not tuned to a valid channel.

The lighting in the room has changed from the first to the second picture; and the wall outlet to the right of TV has magically disappeared.

Oh, and the model number in the post vs. in the title are not the same.

ok thank you for describing my problems.. its not just a black vertical bar.. the picture is not centered and the right side of the picture now displays on the left side of the screen..

yes, no antenna/cable/satellite is connected.. doesn't matter.. picture is always off center..

lighting changed due to flash.. wall outlet appears to dissapear because i didnt use a tripod to take a picture of a broken tv..

fixed the model number..

so how can i fix it?..

(This post was edited by igzekyativ on Nov 1, 2010, 4:14 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 1, 2010, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [igzekyativ] whats wrong with my 43p8341 projection hdtv? with pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

the picture is not centered and the right side of the picture now displays on the left side of the screen..

Without a picture of the set with a picture (or typed description from you) How were we to have known? Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)