Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
2012 Panasonic plasma TC-P50ST50 8 blinks

tvfix88
New User

Apr 4, 2023, 6:56 PM

Post #1 of 1 (302 views)
Shortcut
2012 Panasonic plasma TC-P50ST50 8 blinks Can't Post

I have a 2012 Panasonic TC-P50ST50 plasma TV. It stopped turning on and shows a red light flashing 8 times when I try to turn it on. Here’s the order of events that led to this and what I’ve been able to see so far.

I bought the tv about 8 years ago. The guy said that it was overheating and turning off. So I took off the back cover and after that I didn’t have any issues. Today, it goes off and starts blinking the 8 red lights.

What I’ve tried:

Unplug, wait several mins and plug back in. Doesn’t work.

Looked in the back for grounding screws that are loose. Non to be found. All are tight, with split washers. Tightened even further. Did not solve problem. After running on the TV to test it, I actually smelled a bit of an electronic burning smell this time. Which isn’t a good sign. Perhaps it’s shorting somewhere.

Looked for anything burned out. Found something on the P board that looks like it’s burned. Let me know what you think of these connections:

What I have read:

I did some further digging and found a testing manual online.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/909984/Panasonic-Tc-P50st50.html?page=4#manual

Based on the code of 8 red blinks, it says that it should be either the SS board, A board, C3 board or the panel. The P board is not even an option. Which makes me wonder if the burns I see on the P board are the real issue.. Also, does anyone know what PANEL is? Is that the plasma display panel?

I haven’t gone through the diagnosing process yet. Plan on doing that tomorrow.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions? Is there anyway that this is related to P board? Should I go ahead and swap that board? Is that part sold separately? Any advice is appreciated

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)