Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
26LG3000 advice please

ianmoone
New User

Aug 19, 2015, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1100 views)
Shortcut
26LG3000 advice please Can't Post

My 26LG3000 LCD TV has started to switch itself off after approx. 10 mins and stay on the red standby light. Thinking that this may be a capacitor issue, I got the back off and inspected the the boards. There doesn't appear to be any bulging or leaking capacitors on PSU or main board.

Powering on with the back off - I've noticed a clicking noise coming from the PSU board. I'm presuming this is a relay, although I don't have the technical know how to test each component individually.

Now, i'm all set to swap out the PSU with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351448738519?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seems like a cheap easy fix.

Does anyone think it could be anything else other than PSU before I go ahead and purchase?

I have disconnected PSU from main board and there is no signs of life to tv (presumeably it needs the main board connected). I have disconnected controller board and then powered up - clicking noise still there.

My concern here is could the problem be the main board (or something else) rather than the PSU even though PSU is clicking?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 19, 2015, 9:17 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianmoone] 26LG3000 advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

Caps can look good yet be bad.

I see no relay listed in the parts list.Unimpressed

To prove PSU is ONLY possibility will take troubleshooting skills you say you don't have.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 19, 2015, 9:27 AM)

ianmoone
New User

Aug 19, 2015, 10:18 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 26LG3000 advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

So I take it that it could be something other than the PSU and changing the PSU could prove fruitless?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 19, 2015, 5:15 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianmoone] 26LG3000 advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

"It is possible."

Antonia Timmens was a character played by Nicole Sullivan, (on 'MAD TV'), who talked with a lisp and seemed at least mildly retarded causing her difficulty in doing everyday activities or holding normal conversations. Skits featuring Antonia usually involved her attempting to perform a variety of jobs clearly beyond her limited abilities, such as answering a suicide hotline or piloting an airplane. The source of the comedy came from the other characters becoming increasingly frustrated by her, particularly when she would respond with an inane comment about her cat, Cici (more likely, the cat's name was 'Fifi') or with her catchphrase "It is possible". It is also possible that she suffers from palsy.

-------------------------

ianmoone
New User

Aug 22, 2015, 5:23 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 26LG3000 advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advice Antonia.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)