35" Mitisubishi - Raster Lines & image pulling down

caseygj
New User

Jan 30, 2003, 3:04 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2773 views)
Shortcut
35" Mitisubishi - Raster Lines & image pulling down Can't Post

Hello all,

I am in a bind... lacking schematics and searching for a suspect bad capacitor (I guess) or something else that this forum may suggest...

Recent were repairs were made to the Horizontal output ckt that had failed in a Mitsubishi CS-35305 35" tv.

The technician bailed from his job and now I am left trying to help this person out.

On startup (after removing power or having been off for an extended period of time the image is pulled down on the screen about 2" or more. As the set has been on for several min.. (15-20) the image moves back up into it's proper position. However this is a slight evidence of raster line (white) at the top of the screen.. If the brightness is turned up you can see evidenseo these raster lines though out the screen. they are about 1" appart at the bottom and get closser and close together as you move to the last 10" of the top of the screen.

I suspect a supply capacitor is bad.. I did suspsect a PIP problem based on what I have seen on the internet --- removing the PIP board still has no effect on these lines (obviously I have not real image with that board removed but none the less i can see these lines on the blank display.

thanks in advance,

casey

Alan
TV Repair Authority

Jan 30, 2003, 8:02 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [caseygj] 35" Mitisubishi - Raster Lines & image pulling down [In reply to] Can't Post

Casey
Sounds like you have more than one problem.
First off, is the horizontal deflection working OK now?
The "raster through the picture" (retrace lines) could be caused by a bad picture tube or the screen voltage set too high. It could also be anything that reduces the size of the blanking pulses, but that should be noticeable as a lack of contrast. The reason that the lines are different widths is due to a linearity problem which is probably part of the vertical height problem. That is something in the vertical deflection system.
Have a look items 21.4 & 21.5 of http://www.bithose.com/serfaq/REPAIR/F_tvfaq3.html#TVFAQ_005
Alan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)