Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer?

DavidReid
New User

Aug 13, 2015, 6:17 AM

Post #1 of 11 (2157 views)
Shortcut
Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer? Can't Post

I was wondering if this is a Power Transformer, any idea how to find out a replacement? Ive been doing some research but would hope to maybe get an answer on somones opinion on what to do. I guess I can take it out of board and test it? or maybe theres somthing else wrong and test everything?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E-4TRrGxeF1_AiqIuB06bDhmfbak2lStUQ/view?usp=sharing

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 13, 2015, 6:43 AM

Post #2 of 11 (2153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavidReid] Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer? [In reply to] Can't Post

We need more information on your Philiops 22 foot home movie theater equipment ...

Include things like:
the make and model of your equipment and
describe the symptoms.

-------------------------

DavidReid
New User

Aug 13, 2015, 9:20 AM

Post #3 of 11 (2149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer? [In reply to] Can't Post

TV is Philips 22PFL4507 22-Inch 60Hz LED TV

Power Supply Board, Part Number: BA21N0F01 02 1 C7A3/A3

Problem is it wont turn on. it had a bad fuse I replaced it still does not work. I assume maybe other components got damage from when the fuse blown.

DavidReid
New User

Aug 13, 2015, 9:27 AM

Post #4 of 11 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavidReid] Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer? [In reply to] Can't Post

Should I test the power board? I can find a link on how. Or maybe I should test the transformer as it may likely be the main problem?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 13, 2015, 4:21 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2137 views)
Shortcut

Should I test the power board? I can find a link on how.

My crystal ball STILL can't quite discern what link you're referring to, but by all means, yes.

Btw it's 'other components got damaged causing the fuse to blow.'

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 14, 2015, 1:20 AM)

DavidReid
New User

Aug 14, 2015, 12:55 AM

Post #6 of 11 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Bad Philiops 22' Power Board, Bad Power Transformer? [In reply to] Can't Post

I failed at testing it or maybe it doesn't read any voltage cause it is broken. I can send you photos if your still interested in help. Though I appretiate for getting back to me. Could you not see the photo in the link I had?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 14, 2015, 1:36 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Could you not see the photo in the link I had?

You mean the one that has no visually obvious bad parts on it, that when zoomed in on appears fuzzy? The one that I requested confirmation on board nomenclature? That I then found a better high-res picture of at _____?

I can find a link 'on how.' Is that a website? I've heard of 'ehow.'

I failed at testing it or maybe it doesn't read any voltage cause it is broken.

If with everything connected normally (including the AC line cord into an active receptacle), you don't get ALL3.3 volt DC (or ALL5.3 volt DC) with a DVM set to DC Volts and with the Red meter test lead to 'J101' and the Black meter test lead to 'J121," Let us know.

DavidReid
New User

Aug 15, 2015, 12:46 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2114 views)
Shortcut

This is Power Board: http://postimg.org/image/fkjy8egz5/
This is what the fuse looked like: http://postimg.org/image/jfasz28f9/
Photo of the Power connector and list of pins http://postimg.org/image/xnvcuqoj3/
Photo of back of it http://postimg.org/image/7rxao7vqb/

Im guessing I have to short P-On pin with another to test it?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 15, 2015, 1:51 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2112 views)
Shortcut

You had better start reading and doing what's asked for.
I see your fuse has somehow changed from ceramic to glass and been blown. I HAVE a good clear high res picture of the top of a board like your's available to me already (Rear view may be needed later).

2nd try: If with everything connected normally (including the AC line cord into an active receptacle), you don't get ALL3.3 volt DC (or ALL5.3 volt DC) with a DVM set to DC Volts and with the Red meter test lead to 'J101' and the Black meter test lead to 'J121," Let us know.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 15, 2015, 1:54 AM)

DavidReid
New User

Aug 15, 2015, 9:00 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2099 views)
Shortcut

boths wires showed nothing, however when I just put the red wire on it showed up as 0.8. should I test the Transformer or what would be best for me to do next?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 15, 2015, 9:25 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2096 views)
Shortcut

LAST TRY before I tune out: If with everything connected normally (including the AC line cord into an active receptacle), you don't get ALL3.3 volt DC (or ALL5.3 volt DC) with a DVM set to DC Volts and with the Red meter test lead to 'J101' and the Black meter test lead to 'J121," Let us know.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)