Blue Vertical Line on 75" Samsung 3D Led TV

doublecheese
New User

Oct 7, 2015, 7:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1533 views)
Shortcut
Blue Vertical Line on 75" Samsung 3D Led TV Can't Post

Hi there

I have a Samsung 75" UE75ES9000 Led TV and yesterday the TV developed a single BLUE VERTICAL LINE.

The line is BLUE color and it is constantly there all the time while the TV is on .....

The width of the vertical line is 1pixel wide only.

Anybody know How to fix it and what is the replacement part number and where to order ?

Here is the VIDEO of the Vertical Line.

https://youtu.be/o5P5i42Pau8

https://youtu.be/o5P5i42Pau8

(This post was edited by doublecheese on Oct 7, 2015, 7:38 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2015, 7:10 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doublecheese] Blue Vertical Line on 75" Samsung 3D Led TV [In reply to] Can't Post

This will be one of two things. It can be a bad panel or if your lucky it may just be a poor connection of a cable called the LVD cable.

If you take the back off your TV you'll see a cable that leads from the main signal board (signal board is the board with all of your HDMI & RCA input jacks) to a board called a Tcon board which is mounted either at the top edge or sometimes the bottom edge of the panel.

This cable is called the LVD cable (Low Voltage Differential Cable). The copper pads on the end of this cable will sometimes become tarnished & will not make proper connection.

If you disconnect this cable where it connects to the Tcon board & clean the copper pads on the cable with a cotton swab & rubbing alcohol, wait for the alcohol to thoroughly dry then reconnect the cable this may correct the line problem. Use a magnifying glass & look carefully to see that there are no cotton fibers left behind. Some techs use a soft pencil eraser & rub over these copper pads instead of the cotton swab & alcohol method, this also works but you have to be careful to not tear the cable.

There is no need to clean the socket where the cable connects, they never seem to tarnish; it's usually the cable ends themselves that have issues.

If you do this & the line is still there then you likely have a bad panel, which means it can't be repaired, it would require a new panel & its cheaper to get a new TV than a panel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Nov 16, 2015, 7:19 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)