Emerson PL-P42W-10A (Samsung) Plasma repair

spectre686
New User

Aug 17, 2012, 5:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2041 views)
Shortcut
Emerson PL-P42W-10A (Samsung) Plasma repair Can't Post

Hello.

I'm trying to fix a 42" Emerson PL-P42W-10A. The original problem was it would stay on for 15 or so minutes then the picture would go out and only sound would remain. I didn't do a lot of research and bought a power supply. I installed that and same issue.. So I did more research and it sounded more like a Buffer issue so I bought the Y sustain board for the Y-Buffer. Installed that and now It tries to turn on and then I get 5 blinks of the LED. I even put the orignal stuff back in and I seem to be getting the same thing so somehow I made it worse.. I did buy parts on ebay so while they said working it is possible they could be defective. I'm wondering if anyone knows the blink code for this Samsung/Emerson Plasma. I did try searching for LED blink samsung and emerson and I didn't find anything.

Thank you.

sk1nne
New User

Jun 2, 2015, 1:02 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spectre686] Emerson PL-P42W-10A (Samsung) Plasma repair [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand this is an old thread, however, I have this exact model and the exact same symptoms. I have done quite a bit of research and I've come up empty handed on this one. It seems this model is notorious for the 5 blink code and i've not seen anyone with positive results. Hoping I could get some advise on where to go from here. I know this is a cheap model but I've made it my mission to figure this one out. I have replaced the following over the past year or so: Xmain, X-buffer, Y-main, main logic board, main board. I have checked all voltages from the smps and they are all spot on. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! I'm no expert but I love the challenge and needless to say I have spend countless hours troubleshooting this one.

I can go in much further detail if needed on exactly what I have checked/replaced etc.

Thank you in advance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)