sillysausage
New User

Oct 1, 2015, 9:56 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2239 views)
Shortcut
Grundig GU37FHD1080 no sound. Can't Post

Hello good folk.

Help me solve this one.
I got here Grundig tv that i cant find any info on.
Its a 37" lcd panel, uses T.MSD306.8b 10305 main board.
Tv powers on, scans/displays dtv video but there is no sound from any of the ports. From any sources.

I tried to find service manual but no luck. My google-fu failed me this time.

I have here another IDENTICAL board that came from Technica X32-56g, it powers on fine, but displays weird. I fixed solarized menu colors by messing about in service menu, but image goes out of bounds as if stretched horizontally, with a bottom third of the screen all white.

This brings me to another problem - how the hell do you enter grundig tv service menu ? Tried so many codes i lost count... The most frequently found menu>8500 doesnt work.

Is there any way to tweak resolution of main board ?

All this obsession with service menus is because i expect to find some sort of sound test or at least firmware version, to try to get it and reflash technica board with it.

It is my first lcd tv diy repair, but i have solid experience in messing with computers and some rc to have the "how hard can it be" situation :D

I suspect that:
a) amp ic blown (R2A15122FP), or
b) power supply doesnt, err, supply juice to amp (which i will be testing for tomorrow.)

There is no obvious damage on any of the boards/connectors/wiring.

Help ?

(This post was edited by sillysausage on Oct 1, 2015, 10:07 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 1, 2015, 11:11 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sillysausage] Grundig GU37FHD1080 no sound. [In reply to] Can't Post

MUTE = Off?
SPEAKERS= On?

Presuming your audio amp has power, see if it has audio signal at its input pins or provide a suitable signal to its input pins yourself.

AS a last resort, Swap Grundig board EEPROM with Technica board EEPROM. Assumes the Technica board installed in Technica has sound.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)