Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Haier 55" Powers on, no sound, no image

Charlee78
New User

Jul 13, 2022, 11:02 AM

Post #1 of 1 (542 views)
Shortcut
Haier 55" Powers on, no sound, no image Can't Post

Hi everyone, new guy here. I've been lurking often here to find answers to my new hobby of fixing tv's. Usually I can manage to find solutions by myself but this one has won so far.

Here's a recap:
-I got the tv (55e5500u) from a friend saying it wasn't working. At first I suspected the power supply because the status LED was not working at all. After doing some tests with multimeter, I realized my voltages where all good to the main board and looking thru holes in the frame I could see the backlights working. I then reassembled the tv and it worked flawlessly for about a months so I assumed it was a bad connection somewhere.

-After about a month the backlights stopped working but I still had sound and a flashlight test revealed I still had image. I did a quick test with my LED tester and it revealed a shorted LED strip on hte lower part of the tv so I ordered new ones and installed them.

-After fixing the led strips I confirmed they all work good again with my LED tester and reassembled the tv. Upon testing the tv I now have backlight but no sound and no image. Power supply gives correct voltages to the main board. I unplugged everything and replugged just to make sure all was good but still nothing, just backlights that come one, no image at all, not even the manufacturer logo.

From there how do I know if I have a bad board or if I did something wrong?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)