Jumpy Picture - Vizio M550NV

utace
New User

Jul 15, 2015, 5:32 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Jumpy Picture - Vizio M550NV Can't Post

Hello All,

I have a Vizio M550NV and I am hoping someone might be able to help tell me what part I need to fix it or if I even can.

Yesterday, the TV picture started jumping or pausing while watching it. The same jumpiness happed on cable, dvd, & computer. The sound works find and the picture looks good but I only get about 1 frame a second. Also, when I switched to using the TV as a computer monitor I have the same jumpy lag. However, I did notice that when I closed a Internet window with a white/bright background, part of the picture/text stayed in the screen like a shadow and only disappeared after opening and closing another window.

I did all the standard Vizio suggested steps to fix the TV like unplugging and factory resetting and such. And, one thing I did notice is when I turned off all of the soothing and picture effects that the whole screen did sort of strobe from light to dark.

I looked up the problems, and everyone was talking about white lines or dark spots but nothing I could find seemed like my case. One article told me to look at some capacitors to see if they looked blown but everything looks fine to my uneducated eye.

Thanks for the help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)