Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LCD TV Main board or T-Con board failure? Intermittent display (video) fault on my LG LCD TV

EdM
New User

Jan 8, 2022, 12:54 AM

Post #1 of 1 (707 views)
Shortcut
LCD TV Main board or T-Con board failure? Intermittent display (video) fault on my LG LCD TV Can't Post

Main board or T-Con board failure please? (LVDS cables & connections look good.) I have an intermittent display (video) fault on my LG 37LH4000 LCD TV. TV working fine then I lose the display (turns grey - except for a top inch or two of the display which is more or less normal, though this can be lost and return intermittently too). No problems with audio and channel switching (still get the grey screen); no menus display.

Problem remains after switching off, cooling down then switching on again. The video display has spontaneously returned within a couple of days of having the TV on for a few hours. Has been fault-free initially for several months; now happening more frequently (within a couple of weeks of previous occurrence). Also taking longer for the fault to spontaneously go & the image to restore (initially a bit blurry then sharp focus has returned over a few hours of operation). Fault seems pretty much permanent now.

I'm not knowledgeable on electrons but I've taken the back of the TV off & see no burnt capacitors or other components, nor bad solder joints. I've found replacement boards on eBay but the T-Con board costs six times more than the main board. Which do you think it is please? Audio but no display usually means T-Con board but intermittent display fault can indicate main board fault according to a forum I read. Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)