Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG 50LN5700 sound no picture after logo flash

JCCarey
New User

Jun 4, 2015, 3:31 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6991 views)
Shortcut
LG 50LN5700 sound no picture after logo flash Can't Post

I have a LG TV 50LN5700-UH.BUSYLJR circa 2013. Heavily watched for 18 months. TV has sound but no picture. Led back lights are not working, but with flashlight you can see menus. Turning it on it will flash the LG welcome screen then to black.

Opening up the back it has the 3 board setup, main, power-led, and t-con. I tried a new power - led board but the problem was exactly the same as with my old board. Fuses are not blown, capacitors look good, solder looks good on that board, so it is something else. I don't see much info on testing for the LED strips so I am not sure how to proceed .

Most of what I was able to read on this site and others seems to indicate the led strips are the culprit. I have worked on computer boards before with a rd engineer so I have skills. Currently I have a digital multimeter and all the solder equipment I need. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated as I am disabled and on a fixed income. Thanks in advance.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 4, 2015, 6:54 PM

Post #2 of 2 (6953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JCCarey] LG 50LN5700 sound no picture after logo flash [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably NOT the same as yours, but does give you an idea what to expect.
Cheaper sets use edge lighting with LEDs in 'strips.'

http://electro-medical.blogspot.com/...7lg90-backlight.html

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)