LG Backlight out, HELP

bjlasota
New User

Aug 21, 2015, 11:15 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1423 views)
Shortcut
LG Backlight out, HELP Can't Post

Good morning,

I have an LG 32LE5300-UC that recently stopped working. When I plug the tv in and turn it on, the LG symbol comes up, then the static, then after about 10-15 seconds, the backlights go out. This is an LED TV. I can see and mess around in the menus when I shine a bright flashlight on the screen.

I have replaced the Power board which also came with a new LED drive since it’s part of that board and it still has the same issue. As far as I know, there’s only 3 things that can go wrong with an LED. The power board(changed), the Tcon board(but I shouldn’t see a picture even if with a flashlight right?), or the control board(which wouldn’t be bad if I can play with the menus?).

Can anyone help me out in figuring out what the issue might be? What tests can I do to maybe pinpoint the issue?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 21, 2015, 4:52 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bjlasota] LG Backlight out, HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Edge-lit LED.
"It takes only one" defective LED bulb on a strip to fail.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 21, 2015, 4:53 PM)

bjlasota
New User

Aug 21, 2015, 5:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG Backlight out, HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Would a defective LED bulb temporarily light though? When I turn the tv on, there are LED's all over the whole tv. I can see the picture perfectly from the front, and with the back off, I can see a ton of LED bulbs lit up. They all go out at once. And it's repeatable. Turn tv off-turn back on, all lights back on, then go out again and stay out. If this still points to a bad bulb, what kinda work am I looking at to replace a defective bulb? And how would I determine which bulb is bad if they all come on and all go off at the same time?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 21, 2015, 5:33 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bjlasota] LG Backlight out, HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

YES!
You've received the SAME answer on (at least) three forums.

Disassembly of panel until you can see ALL LEDs at once, or remove from panel and hook them back up.
http://www.ebay.com/...-0346A-/180571777615 Take it as unsaid that some sellers ... LIE!

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 21, 2015, 5:37 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)