LG LCD horizontal line and grayed out areas

josegrad
New User

Aug 24, 2015, 6:29 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1263 views)
Shortcut
LG LCD horizontal line and grayed out areas Can't Post

Hi,

I've searched the forum and found some posts about my problem. I'll be following the advices, open the TV to check inside for any loose connections and so on.

But I wanted to share a picture of the problem, maybe any of you can already tell how serious the issue is.

The TV model is LG 32LH300

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/lcdforum/IMG_4036.JPG

The image shows a single horizontal white line that changes in pattern a bit depending on the image on the screen.

The background should be pretty much all the same color, but as you can see there are three areas. The two big areas on the bottom should not be there at all.

The image is from the PlayStation but the same happens with normal TV.

Thanks.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 24, 2015, 10:25 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josegrad] LG LCD horizontal line and grayed out areas [In reply to] Can't Post

IMPORTANT: The following picture symptoms indicate a bad LCD panel, and NOT a bad T-con board:

-One side of the picture is darker than the other
-Picture has horizontal line(s)
-A dark, cloudy spot spreads across the picture

Installing a new T-con board in a panel with one of the defects above will result in damaging the new board.

IMPORTANT: Horizontal lines on the screen are virtually NEVER caused by a bad T-con board. Horizontal lines indicate a defective LCD panel (screen).

-------------------------

josegrad
New User

Aug 24, 2015, 10:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG LCD horizontal line and grayed out areas [In reply to] Can't Post

@jts1957 thanks for your reply.

Hmm. So I guess I should start looking for a new TV...

Cheers.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 24, 2015, 10:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josegrad] LG LCD horizontal line and grayed out areas [In reply to] Can't Post

Failures occurring on the LCD panel are usually easy to distinguish. Other than backlight failures or physical breakage the panel will display something on the screen. The flexible cables to control the rows and columns of pixels are bonded to the panel. If one or more of these bonds fails, the symptom is a single or multiple vertical or horizontal line(s) across the screen. The line may not extend the entire length but the point is that it is stationary. The video process circuits are not capable of distorting or dropping out individual lines.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)