Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG TV 60LD550 LCD tv wont come on...Red LED Slow blink when powered on. TV stays dead.

Texas Slim
New User

Jun 1, 2015, 5:02 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2143 views)
Shortcut
LG TV 60LD550 LCD tv wont come on...Red LED Slow blink when powered on. TV stays dead. Can't Post

Frown Please HELP advise me!!!
I have an LG TV model 60LD550. The power will not come on. The Red led light will go to a slow blink when I try to power it on. It shut down all of a sudden while we were watching tv. It did that twice the day before also but we were able to restart the tv when it happened. Now it is unresponsive. And when I hit the remote a second time while the LED is in a slow blink stage it will go to constant on red LED like it is when powered off.
It does not power up and go to the Blue LED at all. What do you think I need to replace. I have taken the back cover off and checked the two fuses on the Power supply board and those are good.
There are only two boards in the back and seem fairly easy to replace. A power supply board on the left side and a PCB Main board with all the INPUT connectors attached to it.
It has been a good tv for 4 years and I would like to fix it. Please HELP!!!

omendata
New User

Jul 26, 2015, 7:52 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Texas Slim] LG TV 60LD550 LCD tv wont come on...Red LED Slow blink when powered on. TV stays dead. [In reply to] Can't Post

Power board jsut replace it or if you have electrical experience check th resistors , diodes and smps chip.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2015, 5:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Texas Slim] LG TV 60LD550 LCD tv wont come on...Red LED Slow blink when powered on. TV stays dead. [In reply to] Can't Post

It will likely be a problem with the power supply. The other board in that TV is the main signal board & generally if it responds to the remote (like yours is doing) then in most cases it will be OK.

Given the fact that the first few times you were able to power your TV back on, it's probably just a bad capacitor (or a few bad capacitors) that have gone bad on that power supply.

You can physically look at the caps & sometimes it obvious which ones are bad (bulged on top) other times caps can look totally fine but still be bad internally, which is much harder to tell.

I have an ESR meter to check caps (as do most repair shops) so if you can't find the bad ones you could consider taking the board to a shop. If you can fix it yourself them by all means go ahead, it will likely save you $100 or more.

If you go to YouTube there are plenty of people on there describing & showing what to look for when changing bad caps; you likely won't find your exact TV but the procedure will be the same.

If not you could look for another power supply online; it would be a shame though to get another power supply if it only needs a few capacitors (probably under $10 for a few caps).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)