Magnavox 32MV319R

Pinnacle
New User

Dec 24, 2019, 3:18 PM

Post #1 of 3 (827 views)
Shortcut
Magnavox 32MV319R Can't Post

Good morning,

I have over 50 Magnavox model 32MV319R LED TV all with the same problem. No power, has a slight squeal. I have worked in the repair industry for the last 19 years, with the last 8 or so transitioned into b-stock TV sales. Normally a TV this cheap with the problem we would just scrap. But this quantity with the same problem, I'd love to be able to find a fix.

Unfortunately these cheap Funai/Sanyo boards have little to no markings for voltage lines or anything to help troubleshoot. I have a clear short in my secondary, and have remove about 20 caps,diodes and a few transistors off the board that read the short, but no luck removing it.

Also tried looking for a schematic, for whatever it would be worth the help to trace. At this point I'm figuring it has to be one of the main IC's that is actually shorted. Not sure if any actual tips and repair databases still exist for any of these brands like the good old days, but any further help would be appreciated.

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 25, 2019, 7:44 AM

Post #2 of 3 (811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pinnacle] Magnavox 32MV319R [In reply to] Can't Post

Dates I'm finding indicate 2019.
Usually still under manufacturer warranty.
Unless all were customer returns and you acquired as a group lot.
The newer the set is, the less exists for it. You may find more at a later date.
All TV boards have one or more part numbers. Sometime connectors are marked on one side of a board but not the other. All photos I can access show top but not back of board.
It would be nice to know what part(s) are under heatsink: https://www.ebay.com/...9:g:0~UAAOSwu1FdwyPn

-------------------------

Pinnacle
New User

Dec 26, 2019, 3:45 PM

Post #3 of 3 (795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Magnavox 32MV319R [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it is a 2018/2019 model. The main mp is under the heat sink with just a few surface mount components otherwise. There are no voltage/pin out markings on the boards whatsoever, front or back. I have the line with the short, which i believe is the standby line, as the short is present immediately at plug-in. I have remove so many surface mount caps diodes and transistors, there are none left on the board that read the short. So i am pretty sure its one of the larger processors, which I'm not even going to go further trying to pursue. I have quite a few with cracked screens as well that i am just going to swap boards in. I was just hoping to find a fix because i dont have enough cracked to cover the failures.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)