Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Memorex 19" TV/VCR Combo is Dead!

pastryguy
New User

Feb 8, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Memorex 19" TV/VCR Combo is Dead! Can't Post

Can someone help me? The standby light is blinking constantly once a second and set will not turn on. We also have a video in the vcr, and can't retrieve it because it will not turn on. Frown

This is what happened. Was doing electrical work, so turned off breaker. Was flipping breakers to find correct one, and turned breaker off then on two times on the circuit with the "then turned off" tv in the bedroom. After that, the tv will NOT turnon. After reading in some forums, looks like I killed something in the 1992 set. My father was a TV repairman, I have a HEALTHY respect for high voltage (chicken) but finally it got the best of me, and I got brave and opened the set. Found a fuse on the circuit board that the power cable was connected to, took the fuse out and checked continuity, it appears to NOT be blown.

HELP me please! Someone!

BL_Thompson
TV Repair Authority

Feb 8, 2003, 11:59 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pastryguy] Memorex 19" TV/VCR Combo is Dead! [In reply to] Can't Post

pastryguy, most Memorex combo's are mfg by Funai. Funai combo's are notorious for bad regulator IC's. The "standby" led blinking indicates a system control problem... probably related to the stuck tape. My advice to you is to examine the drive train once the VCR section is removed, manually operate the loading mechanism to retrieve your tape, then buy a new TV and a separate VCR. Combo's are nothing but trouble... cheap vcr chassis, minimal technology incorporated in the TV section.
-----------------------
Bryan Thompson
Spyder Byte Services
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)