Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi 40" Tube TV CS-40503 Picture Problem

1BADGTO
New User

Dec 16, 2004, 9:07 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2991 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi 40" Tube TV CS-40503 Picture Problem Can't Post

My dad just got a new plasma TV and is giving me his old one. It is a Mitsubishi CS40503 40" model that they bought in Jan of 1995. Last night I was at their house and noticed something happening with the picture. Sort of hard to explain but will do my best. Example: the TV show camera is focused on a person sitting at a table playing poker. Another camera "flashes" to another person at the table. While switching camera's, there is an intermintent "black screen" I guess. I think movies may have this "black screen" between scenes. Anyway, during this millisecond black screen event, a black bar develops on the right side of the screen. Sometimes it is 1" thick, sometimes 1/4". Also may be straight verticle edge or have a wavy edge. If there is a long scene, the picture is fairly square but may have slight (1/8-1/4") black edges on the left and right. Top and bottom are fine. Dad had a repairman come out in the past and look at it. Said the tube was going out and would cost $1500 to replace. Told dad to keep decreasing the contrast to make the tube last longer. So far that seemed to be working but the black edge seems to be growing. I looked through past posts and PIP seems to be a problem for Mits. I am wondering if there maybe something I can check (connection or components) or if this TV is on its way to its deathbed? Thanks for any help! Chad

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)