New here so - have RCA P52731WK' 52"

freespirit
New User

Sep 26, 2004, 4:10 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2083 views)
Shortcut
New here so - have RCA P52731WK' 52" Can't Post

Hello All!

I am glad I found this site - I love tech help forums! Well I purchased a used RCA P52731WK 52" wide screen. Everything seems to work fine, color great etc... BUT when I looked at it to buy, the person showed me how to get into the menu (for set up etc). All they did was push the "menu" button and it came up.

Now when I got it home the menu button will not come up, and the volume up button will not work, volume down works fine. They did not have a remote that went with it so, programed my DTV remote to match the TV codes, and I can turn the volume up that way, but of course on that remote does not have a menu button for me to access set-up.

I did take off the button panel and press each one separately on the circut board, and still the same thing - no menu or volume up, but volume down, channel up & down works fine plus power on and off. I thought maybe the button had stuck or something.. but no go on this idea.

So what should be my plan of attack? I assume that if I got a remote for this TV or maybe a universal one that it would work from their since the volume up, and down works fine from my DTV remote, along with power on, channel up & down, just can't access the menu. Or should I replace the control circut board (button circut board - sorry not that technical not sure if I am saying it right or not).

Which is easiest and most cost effective? I think I will get a remote anyways, even if the suggestion is to replace the button circut board, I may just do both. Does anyone know the part number? When I took off the button panel the board had these numbers. 6W81216-20E, and another set 2Q77004-01E. Also anyone know of a good universal remote that would let me access the menu? Or maybe someone has a dead TV and still has the remote they would let go! Just throwing out some possiblities. I found the user manual online and printed it all out and the remote for this system is #205501.

Again Model number of TV is: RCA home theatre system - P52731WK. Just seems weird that it worked fine when they showed me, and I get it home and it does not work.

Thank you,

freespirit

freespirit
New User

Sep 28, 2004, 4:11 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freespirit] New here so - have RCA P52731WK' 52" [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Again:

Never mind the menu button works now, don't know why but does, didn't do anything just started working. Also bought a original remote for this TV, and that should arrive shortly. But thanks anyways.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)