No power to LG 32LD450 TV.

jigar
New User

Oct 11, 2015, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1143 views)
Shortcut
No power to LG 32LD450 TV. Can't Post

Hi,
I have had my LG 32LD450 for a few years and recently it has failed me. I cant get any power to it. I have tried different mains sockets, different power cables and still the front LED shows no signs of life.

Anything I should be keeping my eyes open for?
Could it be an internal fuse? If so, how do i replace it and which do I need? what parts can i replace to fix it. could i replace the capacitors. please provide link to replacement parts

Thanks guys.

(This post was edited by jigar on Oct 11, 2015, 7:37 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 11, 2015, 9:45 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jigar] No power to LG 32LD450 TV. [In reply to] Can't Post

Proper response to your 'Cut & Paste:'

In Reply To
[Wingryder]Missing the red light on front means the power supply standby circuit is dead. this is a 5 volt circuit that is "on" all the time even when set is turned off. You can confirm that by measuring that voltage on the power supply board . It will be labeled... ST 5 or Standby 5 or something like that. At this point.. look for damaged or bulging capacitors. Replace them with the same values. (higher voltage is ok but same capacitance.). I ended up buying a new board and it fixed the problem. However any tv tech could have fixed the org. board. But then you pay for their time. Be careful measuring voltages in a tv. One hand always in pocket. Caution even after set is unplugged because cap. can give a nasty shock. Discharge them safely or wait a bit.
good luck.

Model uses 3 possible chassis depending upon two letter 'Suffix.'

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Oct 11, 2015, 9:48 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)