PLEASE HELP !!! NO PICTURE !

Tenacious
New User

Jan 25, 2020, 8:03 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1052 views)
Shortcut
PLEASE HELP !!! NO PICTURE ! Can't Post

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me some advice ? I have a Panasonic TX-L42E5B TV and am having screen trouble. It began with a black horizontal line on the screen. Thought it might be a T-Con problem so I opened it up and started adjusting the attached ribbon cables while the screen was on to see if it would help. I was sort of moving the one cable up and down in the port attached to the panel and it seemed to be actually making the line disappear and reappear but then all of a sudden the screen went black and now nothing is on the screen except the back light. I replaced the T-con board thinking that that would solve the problem but it didn't. My question is could the problem be the ribbon cables ? I looked them over and they look okay (no damaged gold pins) so I just don't know if its these or the ports on the panel or the panel itself. I'm not sure how to tell and was wondering if you could by any chance help ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mudassarl1
New User

Jan 28, 2020, 2:17 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tenacious] PLEASE HELP !!! NO PICTURE ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, TCON you replaced is brand new or used? if it used then try with a different, it look like need a good TCON board. Regards

Tenacious
New User

Jan 28, 2020, 7:10 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mudassarl1] PLEASE HELP !!! NO PICTURE ! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a used T-con board but I doubt that its another faulty board. They apparently test them before they send them out so. I will contact the seller about it but I'm starting to worry that its a bad panel.

Tenacious
New User

Jan 29, 2020, 8:29 PM

Post #4 of 4 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tenacious] PLEASE HELP !!! NO PICTURE ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay update I just tried to turn it on and the T-con board was getting very hot then the tv went off by itself. Now I can't get it to come back on, the IR board just flashes green light for a few seconds then starts flashing red. Please help someone.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)