Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error

jrobinson15
New User

May 6, 2018, 10:58 AM

Post #1 of 7 (8016 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error Can't Post

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a one blink (every three seconds) code on my TV. I turn the TV on, the screen remains blank, flashes a couple of times and then shuts down and produces the flashing red LED.

I have replaced two boards in the TV, they are: the power board (TNPA5916 1 P) and the mainboard (TNP4G568 2 A). Even with these boards replaced, I am still experiencing the same problem. There is one small board that I haven't replaced (TNPA5935 1 LD) which links the mainboard and power board but also seems to power the backlight.

Can anyone offer a link to a Panasonic blink code guide and/or offer advice on what this problem may be. If I was able to positively identify the error, I would be in a better position to repair or replace my TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.

J.

jts1957
Veteran

May 6, 2018, 5:05 PM

Post #2 of 7 (7998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrobinson15] Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error [In reply to] Can't Post

https://imgur.com/Hi1XkQI

-------------------------

jrobinson15
New User

May 6, 2018, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 7 (7981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the link. Judging by the fault code it would appear to be a problem with LD Board Panel - the only one that I didn't replace. I'll look into purchasing one and report back.

Thanks again.

J.

jts1957
Veteran

May 7, 2018, 12:12 AM

Post #4 of 7 (7979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrobinson15] Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you rule out the LCD Panel itself as explained on lower portion of page?

-------------------------

jrobinson15
New User

May 7, 2018, 6:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (7968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic Viera TX-42AS500B One Blink Error [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I've not 100% ruled out a bad panel. But my thinking was, if the LCD panel is at fault, my backlight would still come on. This might not be necessarily be the case however.

I'm going to test the LEDs today to see if they are fine.

jrobinson15
New User

May 7, 2018, 11:26 AM

Post #6 of 7 (7964 views)
Shortcut

**Problem located** I stripped the TV down this morning and using a technique I found on YouTube, I tested the isolated the problem to three LED's.

There are four rows of LEDs made of six LEDs in each row with a connection linking each half row of three LEDs. I used a self-assembled battery pack with enough voltage to power the LEDs and using this technique, I located the ones causing the problem.

It may just be one LED causing the problem but I'm sure it'll be better to replace all three or maybe even the whole row.

Thanks for your help.

J.

RobCarlyon
New User

Apr 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

Post #7 of 7 (5229 views)
Shortcut

Hi there J got the same probs just happened to my Panosnic, had the back off tested a few things and narrowed it down with help from your post to the same problem. Any advice you can give me on replacing the led strips, how do I access them? What voltage was the power pack you made up to test them ? And where did you purchase the new lights. Thanks Rob

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)