Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 32PFL8404H / 12

arthurmarcu
New User

Nov 19, 2015, 10:19 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Philips 32PFL8404H / 12 Can't Post

Hy , i have an Philips 32PFL8404H / 12, it starts , half of screen is good and other half total black. It stays so few seconds and than totally black. Is the moatherboard problem or the power supply? Can be the screen also? Thanx

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2015, 5:50 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthurmarcu] Philips 32PFL8404H / 12 [In reply to] Can't Post

This will likely be a problem with the Tcon board or possibly just a loose LVD cable (Low Voltage Differential Cable) leading to the Tcon board from the main Signal Board. I think the Tcon board on your TV will have 2 LVD cables leading from the signal board (most TVs only have one) the one that may be loose will be on the side that the picture is missing. Try unplugging this cable & plugging it back in so it's seated tighter, then try your TV; that may be all you need to do.

There are also flat ribbon cables that lead from the Tcon board up to the edge of the LCD panel but they rarely cause trouble so try not to disturb them if you don't have to; they are much more delicate & the sockets where they attach can break easily.

Sometimes the LVD cables make a poor connection, the copper pads on the end of this cable will sometimes become tarnished (like a penny) & will not make proper connection. If that's the case, disconnect this cable where it connects to the Tcon board & clean the copper pads on the cable with a cotton swab & rubbing alcohol, wait for the alcohol to thoroughly dry then reconnect the cable this may correct the problem. Use a magnifying glass & look carefully to see that there are no cotton fibers left behind. There's no need to clean the socket, it rarely causes problems, its usually just the ends of the LVD cable that cause the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.26 s on (CGI/1.1)