Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips LCD flickering, mechanical problem?

kboortz
New User

Oct 21, 2015, 10:43 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Philips LCD flickering, mechanical problem? Can't Post

I have a Philips 47PFL9603H/10 that get dark or flickering stripes. This is a short video showing the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqHW-rNd0w8

They appear a few minutes after turning the set on and might go away after a while, but not always. Often the stripes begin at the bottom of the screen and slowly moves to the top.

When the panel shows no problem, pressing a finger on the panel makes the problem appear. Also moving a fan over the screen will make the flickering change.

Sometimes it is flickering, sometimes it is dark areas, sometimes both.

If pushing a suction cup and then pull and hold, the picture gets perfect for a second or two. But then begin to flicker.

You know what this can be about? Can it be some soft material holding the panel that has become stiff over time, so panel size changes caused by temperature changes will cause pressure on the panel?

Could it still be the ribbon cable that I assume is connecting some board to the panel?

I of course hope that there is a simple DIY solution to this, as the TV set works very well and has good picture. When this problem is not showing.

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 21, 2015, 11:01 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kboortz] Philips LCD flickering, mechanical problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

Goofle 'Tab bonding issues.'

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)