Please help. No power to LG 32LD450 TV.

joelee111
New User

Feb 26, 2014, 2:11 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3153 views)
Shortcut
Please help. No power to LG 32LD450 TV. Can't Post

Hi,
I have had my LG 32LD450 for a few years and recently it has failed me. I cant get any power to it. I have tried different mains sockets, different power cables and still the front LED shows no signs of life.

It is possible that the trip switch went at the same time but i cannot guarantee that and I don't know what it means.

I am new to TV repairs but have removed the case to have a look. Anything I should be keeping my eyes open for?

Could it be an internal fuse? If so, how do i replace it and which do I need?

Thanks guys.

Wingryder
New User

Mar 17, 2014, 1:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joelee111] Please help. No power to LG 32LD450 TV. [In reply to] Can't Post

Missing the red light on front means the power supply standby circuit is dead. this is a 5 volt circuit that is "on" all the time even when set is turned off. You can confirm that by measuring that voltage on the power supply board . It will be labeled... ST 5 or Standby 5 or something like that. At this point.. look for damaged or bulging capacitors. Replace them with the same values. (higher voltage is ok but same capacitance.). I ended up buying a new board and it fixed the problem. However any tv tech could have fixed the org. board. But then you pay for their time. Be careful measuring voltages in a tv. One hand always in pocket. Caution even after set is unplugged because cap. can give a nasty shock. Discharge them safely or wait a bit.
good luck.

jigar
New User

Oct 11, 2015, 7:20 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wingryder] Please help. No power to LG 32LD450 TV. [In reply to] Can't Post

hey i have the same problem. can you help me find the correct replacement capacitor. I have the same tv. model is 32LD450. can you tell me how to replace it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)