Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Problem with device input on toshiba 37hl57

.sailtoth3moon
New User

Apr 9, 2011, 1:47 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Problem with device input on toshiba 37hl57 Can't Post

Hey, new to the forums. Nice to meet you all.

Wondering if I can get any help from someone about my 37" toshiba television. It's LCD, 720p, not a bad tv. I replaced it with a 42"LG but am interested in fixing this if it only requires a reasonable investment.

The tv worked fine, no signs of something bad happening. I had my xbox 360 plugged into an hdmi port the night before and left both the tv and the xbox 360 on while I fell asleep. When I woke up, there was just a blue screen with an unresponsive xbox 360. I trouble shooted with component, rca, different hdmi outputs. Tried the xbox in another tv and it worked fine. Anything plugged into the tuner board doesn't work with the exception of coax cable. The tv turns on no problem, cable works fine. just no device input.

The issue seems to be that when I try to select different inputs with the remote it doesnt show that anything is plugged in, no option to select anything.

I opened it up, trying to determine if a board needed to be replaced or perhaps a burnt out fuse or capacitor. The fuse looks fine, and I don't really know what I'm looking for with a blown capacitor so nothing too obvious stuck out. Now, there's a tv tuner board and an hdmi board. Both boards have unresponsive ports, therefore would that rule out replacing of a board since two boards have the same issue?

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2011, 2:46 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.sailtoth3moon] Problem with device input on toshiba 37hl57 [In reply to] Can't Post

Because you are having problems with inputs on both boards this is likely a problem with the signal board which will be the board with the RCA jacks & tuner; odds are the HDMI board connects to the signal board. There could be a tiny surface mount fuse supplying this section but it's more likely to be a switching IC that is the size of a postage stamp & has 100 pins that has failed. Changing the signal board should fix your problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)