RCA TV no power

philliamson1
New User

Aug 2, 2015, 4:57 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1072 views)
Shortcut
RCA TV no power Can't Post

Hello!
I'm new to the forum here, and to electronics repair. My TV died on me so I decided to have a look.

The power light comes on, but nothing happens.

I replaced 2 capacitors on the power supply that appeared to be bad (bulging slightly) but still no power. Testing the ribbon chord from the power supply; I have 5V standby power, and the pin marked "BL_ONDIM" reads around 2V when the set is turned on - which I'd assume means the power supply is getting the signal from the main board to power on.
The ribbon cable to the inverter board has pins marked as 24V but reads less than 2V when powered on.
I haven't been able to find a schematic of this power supply, and the board is fairly poorly marked - so I'm not really able to easily test other components on the board.
Basically what I'm wondering though is, given the info above, would it be safe to assume the issue is the power supply and to go ahead and replace that? Or could the issue be in the main board still?

philliamson1
New User

Aug 2, 2015, 5:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philliamson1] RCA TV no power [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry - should have mentioned that this is a 42" RCA LCD TV Model # L42FHD37RYX27

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 2, 2015, 12:04 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philliamson1] RCA TV no power [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be more concerned about POW_ON. 2.5V while set ON. Sub if to low while monitoring 24V. If 24V then comes up, bad Main/digital board.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)