Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA f27650 picture is too wide

1scoot
New User

Jan 2, 2007, 2:15 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2376 views)
Shortcut
RCA f27650 picture is too wide Can't Post

5 year old rca f27650. Picture just turned into a wide screen. I can't see the edges of the picture because they now stretch beyond the sides of the tv. Picture is also slightly distorted/curved/arched. Otherwise fine.
Can the tilt be adjusted on this model? Can the picture be reset? Any easy fixes or diy fixes for this one. I'm not afraid to take it apart. I'll buy a new one before I send it in for repairs again. Just got it back a couple months ago after it being at the repair shop for 5 weeks. Extended warranty just expired.
Thanks

kevin
New User

Jan 2, 2007, 1:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1scoot] RCA f27650 picture is too wide [In reply to] Can't Post

there is no tilt on this model if i remember correctly, the only way to do that would be to rotate the yolk slightly & i think in this chassis the yolk is bonded to the tube. if the picture is streched out the problem is likely in the pincushion circuit. pincushion circuit are typically a small circuit, but usually needs a service manual to trace the voltages & waveforms. look the circuit over you could get lucky & find a visually damaged part in the circuit.

MOtvGuy
User

Jan 4, 2007, 1:43 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevin] RCA f27650 picture is too wide [In reply to] Can't Post

The pin board on that model is mounted on the side of the chassis next to the flyback. At one time it was available from RCA.

1scoot
New User

Jan 10, 2007, 8:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] RCA f27650 picture is too wide [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)